Financial Planning Services For Seniors and Their Caregivers
Seniors have a special, respected place at Welsh Accounting & Financial.
Preparing for Senior Years
Below is a partial listing of our services that help you and your loved ones. If you have additional needs, please call us (440) 734-4272 to see if either we can assist you or if we can refer you to another quality professional!
- Assist with filing for Social Security, Medicare & Prescription Drug Benefits
- Review investment and long-term care insurance policy options
- Set up an investment portfolio and maintain needed cash flow for seniors' living expenses
- Plan for withdrawing funds from 401K plans, IRAs, annuities, investments, etc. for maximum benefit and minimum tax impact
- Review the importance of titles on asset accounts (Jtwros, TOD, etc.)
- Plan for impact of estate income taxes, estate & gift taxes, etc.
- Create a family wealth transfer plan including discussing gifts, trusts, wills, etc.
- Create a confidential estate planning resource book for you and your family. This includes key contact names and information, a list of asset account numbers, location of important papers and a personal wish list and optional pictorial identification section.
Transitional Times: Helping Children and Caregivers Help Their Aging Loved Ones
- Provide a referral and resource list of community services (such as home health services, adult daycare, nursing homes, cleaning service)
- Set up a system to write checks, pay bills and monitor income so items don't get forgotten or misplaced (avoids utility shutoffs, missing social security income checks, and protects against financial "vultures"; can be a full service or let a caregiver administer this system.)
Getting Closure: End-of-Life Concerns
- Prepare estate and trust returns and other paperwork as needed
- Assist executors with duties of processing the estate, paying bills, etc.